Whilst the ‘clean beauty’ movement may be a current day phenomenon, the use of products found in nature certainly isn’t. Long before our advancements in modern science, natural ingredients were widely used for their medicinal and healing properties, as well as for cosmetic purposes.
What science gave us was a quick, easy, cheaper alternative. An imitation of what we had already found in nature, but with a number of nasty side effects for both us and our planet.
Here at No Ordinary, we’re passionate about turning the tables, developing products that combine natural ingredients and essential oils that care for both our bodies and our future.
Why choose natural ingredients?
There are a whole host of benefits to switching from hair care products that contain synthetic, man-made ingredients to those containing ingredients found in our natural environment:
· Synthetic ingredients such as silicones, parabens and synthetic fragrances have been linked to a number of growing health concerns.
· As it contains so many hair follicles, your scalp is extremely absorbent and any products you use can quickly make their way straight into your bloodstream.
· Quality natural hair care products have no detrimental effects on your body or your health, in fact, quite the opposite…
· Natural ingredients bring a range of health benefits and provide gentle care for your hair and skin.
· Any products you use to wash your hair will ultimately end up in our already polluted water ways. Synthetic ingredients add to this pollution, whilst natural ingredients are biodegradable, causing no damage to our ecosystem.
· Most synthetic ingredients have been formulated to replicate the effects of what nature has already given us, so why opt for a potentially harmful copy when you can have the real thing?
What ingredients go into No Ordinary?
We use the very best that nature has to offer to craft the perfect blend of ingredients, all chosen, tested and approved based on their purity and effectiveness.
Here’s a look at the key ingredients you’ll find in our natural hair care products, and the benefits they bring:
Lavender – full of antimicrobial properties, lavender can help to eliminate common issues such as dandruff and an itchy scalp. Its naturally calming aroma promotes relaxation and can help to boost your mood.
Rosemary – a wonderfully healing herb, rosemary is used for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits and is said to aid memory enhancement. When used in natural hair care products, it can reduce dandruff, stimulate growth, and even prevent the onset of premature greying.
Mint – essential oils derived from mint act as natural vasodilators, which increase blood flow. A healthy circulation can improve hair growth and prevent hair loss. Mint also has the added benefit of a fresh, invigorating scent that ignites the senses.
Aloe Vera – this super plant is known to be highly medicinal and is revered for its many healing properties. When added to hair care products, it acts as a natural conditioner, preventing dryness and leaving strong, thick locks. It also increases blood circulation, encouraging healthy growth.
Bergamot – with its enlivening citrusy scent, bergamot helps to stimulate the senses, whilst its natural properties work wonders for taming and softening curls. It also has soothing power that helps to relieve an irritated scalp.
Argan oil – bursting with vitamins and minerals, argan oil gives shine to dull hair and increases its elasticity. It provides natural nourishment, making hair softer and easier to manage.
Mandarin – this citrus fruit is full of antioxidant properties that help protect your hair and scalp from everyday pollutants. It also has the added benefit of providing a healthy shine and bounce.
Willow bark – a natural exfoliator, willow bark is an effective cleanser that helps to prevent excess production of the scalp’s natural oils, maintaining a healthy level of sebum. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that keep the scalp free of bacteria.
Coconut oil – coconut oil is hairs best friend. Full of fatty acids and antioxidants, it helps to improve the overall health of your hair and scalp, adding volume and shine, promoting growth, eliminating dryness and protecting the hair from UV exposure.
Our products are formulated in such a way as to ensure they are suitable for all skin types and safe for children.
The essential oils we use are aromatherapy grade and accredited by the Aromatherapy Trade Council for purity, sustainability and ethical practices. We only use the finest pure essential oils that work therapeutically for optimum results.